I have a ton to be thankful for this year, like every year! Thanksgiving is a fabulous time to reflect on your accomplishments, your life, family and friends because it is close to the end of the year, but not so close that your head is clogged with all of that Christmas/New Years mombo jombo. New Years seems like almost too much pressure to either say a resolution or look back at your fondest memory from the year. That’s why, this Thanksgiving, that’s what I’ll be doing.
I thought I might just jump right in and list what I am thankful for most this year:
- My boyfriend: without his continuous support, I don’t know where I would be! My boyfriend is great because he supports each and every one of my dreams and never questions them. He’s always there when I need someone to talk to and we thoroughly enjoy living life together.
- My parents: seriously, these people are the bomb. I really don’t know what I would do without them (cliche, I know) but it’s really true. Since graduating college and trying to figure out my life, my parents couldn’t have my back more and I could not thank enough. They support my dreams, my endeavors and are always there to pick me up when I am down. I am so blessed and so lucky to have such caring and loving parents and I will be sure to express this to them today.
- My brother and Amanda: I was lucky when I was younger to have a brother close in age, and I still am today! I am so thankful that he and his girlfriend are making the trip to Connecticut for the holiday because I enjoy my time with them and love starting new traditions. (oh, and their doggy too!!)
- My perseverance: After graduating college, my confidence took a bit of a hit and I wasn’t sure my path in life. However, since I am a goal-maker and a dream follower, I decided to use my perseverance and continue on in my journey and figure it out as I go. I am thankful for that today and always.
- Good food and wine: What better time than Thanksgiving to appreciate the food and wine you have in your life? This is a big one for me! One of the best parts of Thanksgiving is that there are no expectations, just good food and good company. As such a lover of food, I am really thankful and blessed for the treats on my table.
- My blog and the blogging community: Blogging has become such a passion of mine, and I am genuinely excited to work on it every day in any way that I can. My blog/Instagram has opened so many doors for me and it’s so surreal to think about. I just can’t wait to see where else it takes me!
- My friends: I’ve got a small circle of friends and I couldn’t be happier. Ever remember being asked the question in middle school “would you rather have 10 friends that you don’t really like/they don’t really like you or a couple close ones?” and actually being torn?! At some point in my life I said, I really don’t need a lot of friends, just the few I have. I have a different relationship with each of my friends, and am thankful for that.
Well, I am going to take a post turkey nap or grab some more dessert. I would love to know what you are thankful for in the comments! Or leave me a comment over on my most recent Instagram post! https://www.instagram.com/breakfastatraes/
Thanks for reading all about what I am thankful this year, I hope you are reflecting today as well! And Happy Thanksgiving!
2 thoughts on “What I am thankful for”
These red pants!! 😍
Thank you!!!!! They’re the best and really comfy