Hey everyone! I figured it’s about darn time I wrote a blog post about one of the very true loves in my life, Colourpop Cosmetics.
I want to say one and a half years ago, my good friend Sarah (hi Sar) introduced me to Colourpop, and since then I think I have surpassed her obsession with them into a full blown Colourpop junkie. Although, I am pretty sure we both have the same amount of Matte Lippies from them. (I am up to 12, and no I have ZERO shame in that…they’re ONLY $6!!!)
Let me break Colourpop down to you in my own words. I have done some research because I am a makeup junkie like that:
- Their backstory is highly confusing and if you’re interested in learning more, check out this article from Revelist: http://www.revelist.com/makeup/colourpop/7306
- People thought there was no creator of Colourpop, when in fact, there are, they’re bro + sis!
- Those rumors about Kylie Jenner’s lip line and Colourpop’s formula being the same is not completely true, but there are similarities. Colourpop and Kylie share a manufacturer, SEED Beauty. Kylie said she created her own formula and mixes her own colors AND they are not even in the same building — but it is noteworthy that they share SEED.
- Colourpop started their company with eyeshadows and then introduced lips, cheeks and more—though they may be the most famous for their Ultra Matte and Satin lips.
- They have extended their product line to: Eyeshadows, Eyeliners, Brow Pencils, Liquid Lips (Matte, Satin and Blotted), Lipsticks, Lip Liners, Lip Primers, Lippie Stix (good for everyday), Highlighter, Blush, Bronzer, Concealer, Setting Sprays, Brushes AND lip bundles, eye palettes and face palettes.
- Yes, you saw that all correctly and guess what? Mostly all of their products are UNDER $10 and they have free shipping A LOT.
- They recently entered some Sephora stores, but a lot of them only carry the eyeshadow palettes, not the lips.
- Ever since I started buying Colourpop Cosmetics, they have gotten more popular, but have not ever changed the price.
Those are just some facts about Colourpop and now lets get to the fun part: my obsession.
Like I mentioned, I do own 12 Matte Lip colors and have been trying to feature one on my Instagram every so often in the form of a selfie. Below, I have added all of those photos and the names of the ones I’ve photographed + posted so far! (Peep my crazy hair changes over the last 6 months!!)
I really do have to get my hands on some of the face products and maybe the brushes too. I will say, they have never let me down and the price is unbeatable. They are constantly coming out with new colors and lip bundles and even more products! I HIGHLY recommend you check them out at http://www.colourpop.com.